Working group 1
The main goal of this COST Action is to build synergies between relevant cutting edge research within currently employed imaging technologies and those under development for operational and commercial exploitation. Working Group 1 focusses on best practice guidelines for application of imaging protocols and technologies.
We want to
– identify state-of-the-art imaging technologies and the range of their application
– identify end users’s requirements for evidence collection, treatment examination and admission to a Court of Law
– intercomparison by Round Robin Studies will support the grading of available methodologies/technologies/protocols to identify the benefit of new technologies for end users
– pseudo-operational trails will test methodologies and technologies at relevant scenes and on relevant samples
– workshops, STSMs and network meetings will allow brainstorming, will help to draw conclusions and identify desirable for each technology to improve its capabilities
By this we will have
– comprehensive information on state-of-the-art capabilities
– including reliable data on information extractable from each imaging capability (sensitivity, robustness, versatility, compatibility).
By this we shall be able to provide indicators for potential combinations for new multimodal-imaging approaches in Forensics and may even be able to provide decisional tree flowcharts indicating the most appropriate technology.
Citations used in the report:
• Bécue A.; N. Egli; C. Champod; P. Margot. Fingermarks and Other Impressions Left by the Human Body – A Review (August 2007 – July 2010). Triennial Review Paper presented at the 16th Interpol Forensic Science Symposium. 2010: Lyon (France), 84 pp.
- WG1 meeting will be organized on 9th April 2018 in Brussels: Find more…